The World's 50 Best Restaurants has announced the 2018 list of restaurants ranked from 51 to 100 ahead of its annual awards, which takes place in Spain next week.
Dan Hunter's three-hatted Brae in Birregurra, regional Victoria, has slipped out of the top 50, landing at 58 on the extended list. It was a new entry at the point end of the competition last year, placing at No.44.
Brae, which opened in December 2013, had previously placed 87th in 2015 and 65th in 2016.
Singaporean restaurant Burnt Ends, where Aussie rising star Jake Kellie is head chef, came in at No. 61 on the list, falling from 53rd in 2017.
The list is determined by a voting academy comprising more 1000 international restaurant industry experts.
Last year, Sydney fine-diner Quay placed 95th, its ninth appearance on the World's 50 Best Restaurants list, but after closing for renovations in March, it did not make this year's extended list.
Attica, which last year placed 32nd, has not been named in the extended list so appears likely to be among those named on Tuesday, June 19, when the restaurants ranked 1 to 50 are counted down at an awards ceremony in Bilbao, Spain.
World's 50 Best Restaurants 2018: 51-100
51. De Librije, Zwolle, Netherlands
52. L'Astrance Paris, France
53. Benu, San Francisco, USA
54. Sühring, Bangkok, Thailand
55. Don Julio, Buenos Aires, Argentina (New)
56. Amber, Hong Kong, China
57. Nerua, Bilbao, Spain
58. Brae, Birregurra, Australia
59. Florilège, Tokyo, Japan
60. Tegui, Buenos Aires, Argentina
61. Burnt Ends, Singapore
62. Momofuku Ko, New York, USA
63. Hof Van Cleve, Kruishoutem, Belgium
64. Sud 777, Mexico City, Mexico
65. Frantzén, Stockholm, Sweden (New)
66. Vendôme, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
67. Fäviken, Järpen, Sweden
68. Quique Dacosta, Denia, Spain
69. Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, New York, USA
70. Selfie, Moscow, Russia
71. Relae, Copenhagen, Denmark
72. Twins Garden, Moscow, Russia (New)
73. Aqua, Wolfsburg, Germany
74. The Fat Duck, Bray, England
75. Belcanto, Lisbon, Portugal
76. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte-Oria, Spain
77. Elkano, Getaria, Spain (New)
78. Mingles, Seoul, Korea
79. A Casa do Porco, São Paulo, Brazil (New)
80. Lung King Heen, Hong Kong, China
81. Per Se, New York, USA
82. Hedone, London, UK
83. Estela, New York, USA
84. St John, London, UK
85. Le Coucou, New York, USA (New)
86. The French Laundry, Yountville, USA
87. Maní, São Paulo, Brazil
88. Nobelhart & Schmutzig, Berlin, Germany (New)
89. The Jane, Antwerp, Belgium
90. Indian Accent, New Delhi, India
91. SingleThread, Healdsburg, USA (New)
92. L'Effervescence, Tokyo, Japan (New)
93. 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China
94. Alo, Toronto, Canada
95. Enigma, Barcelona, Spain (New)
96. Diverxo, Madrid, Spain
97. Atelier, Munich, Germany (New)
98. 108, Copenhagen, Denmark (New)
99. Leo, Bogotá, Colombia
100. Lasai, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil