A recipe from the Good Food collection.
185g ginger nut biscuits (ginger snaps), roughly broken
60g butter, melted
750g (3 cups) cream cheese, softened
250g (1 cup) raw or golden caster sugar
½ tsp almond extract
2 tsp natural vanilla extract
185g (1 cup) dark chocolate chips
60g (⅔ cup) toasted flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 22 cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. To make the crust, put the biscuits in a large processor fitted with the metal blade. Whizz for 20–25 seconds, or until the biscuits form fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and whizz for 8–10 seconds, or until combined. Press the crust firmly over the base of the prepared tin. Chill until firm.
3. To make the filling, wipe out the processor bowl and add the cream cheese. Whizz for 20–25 seconds, or until smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed. Add the sugar, eggs, almond extract and vanilla and whizz in 5second bursts for 15–20 seconds, or until well blended.
4. Pour the filling into the prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes, or until set. Turn off the oven, prop the door slightly ajar and leave to cool for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool completely.
5. To make the topping, put the chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring that the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Stir in the almonds.
6. Spread the topping over the top of the cheesecake and allow to set before serving.