Here, tender charred broccoli slices stand in for steaks, but you won't miss the meat with the nutty salsa verde and creamy marinated feta.
4 heads broccoli, trimmed and thickly sliced*
extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
6 radish, thinly sliced
2 small fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
200g marinated feta
Almond salsa verde
120g (½ cup) natural almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
2 cups mint, roughly chopped
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 tbsp baby capers, chopped
125ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. To make the almond salsa verde, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat.
3. Brush both sides of the broccoli slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the broccoli slices on the grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until charred.
4. To serve, place broccoli onto serving plates with sliced radish and fennel, almond salsa verde and feta.
* With the broccoli stem facing upwards, cut through the stem into 2cm slices.
Tip: Grill extra broccoli slices to chop up and toss through pasta for easy leftovers the next day.
Tip: Swap the broccoli for cauliflower, field mushroomsor zucchini.