- Women's Weekly birthday cakes auction in Canberra
- Solve your cake emergency: baking tips and fixes
- Ten top books for young cooks
- Recipe: Dan Lepard's basic vanilla butter birthday cake
Update: May 16th. We've picked our five cakes and are currently establishing contact with our winners. In the meantime see a photo gallery below of our favourite entries and thanks to all who participated.
Win a copy of Bake Class by Anneka Manning (RRP $45)
What's the best kid's party cake you've made? Send us a photo via email before Monday May 9th 2016 and you could win one of five copies of Anneka Manning's book Bake Class.
To enter, send a .jpeg image (minimum size of 300KB) of an original kid's party cake to us, with a description of the cake and your name. We'll include our favourites in an online gallery and the best five entries will win a cook book. Full details on how to enter below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and their associated agencies and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents only.
4. The competition commences on May 2, 2016 3:30pm (AEST) and concludes on May 8, 2016 at 11:59pm (AEST)
5. Entrants must be 18 years or over to enter. Proof of age may be required to claim the prize.
6. Entrants may not enter in the competition more than once.
7. To enter, entrants must send a .jpeg image (minimum size of 300KB) of a kid's party cake, a description of the cake and their full name to email@example.com
8. The competition is a game of skill. Entries will be judged on creativity by the Good Food team. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not their original work, or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
10. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (AEST) on May 8, 2016 to be eligible to win.
11. All entries deemed relevant and appropriate will appear in an image gallery on www.goodfood.com.au in May 2016. Entrants consent to having their entry image shared as a condition of participation in the competition.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. The cost of entering the competition may be dependent on the entrant's individual Internet Service Provider and/or other service provider and entrants are solely responsible for any and all costs of any kind in relation to their entries.
14. There will be five (5) major prize winners who will each receive a copy of Bake Class by Anneka Manning (RRP $45).
15. Winners will be determined and notified on Monday 16 May 2016 via email.
16. Prize will be deemed to be accepted once the promoter and the winner(s) have established contact and have verified any details deemed necessary in accordance with these terms. If contact between a winner and promoter is not made by Friday, 13 May 2016 a new winner will be determined.
17. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the major prize should they be chosen as a winner. The winners release the promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, ickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the major prize or any other aspect of the prize. Winners acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
18. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
19. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winners, the winners hereby permit their image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner's participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
21. Prize will only be awarded to the entrant holder.
22. Should an entrant's contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
23. The Promoter's decision in relation to all matters is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
25. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
28. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
29. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
31. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd, (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009.