A recipe from the Good Food collection.
60g (1 cup) small broccoli florets
2 tbsp olive oil
40g unsalted butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
400g ricotta cheese
50g (½ cup) grated parmesan cheese
5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
a pinch of nutmeg
a pinch of cayenne pepper
5 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
3 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Cook the broccoli florets in boiling salted water for four minutes, then drain well and roughly chop.
3. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for five minutes, or until the onion has softened. Transfer to a large bowl and add the broccoli, ricotta, parmesan, egg yolks, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
4. In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar and a pinch of sea salt until stiff peaks form. Stir one-third of the beaten egg white into the broccoli mixture to loosen, then gently fold in the remaining egg white.
5. Grease a 1 litre soufflé dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, turn the dish to coat, then shake out the excess. Spoon the broccoli mixture into the dish and bake for 35–40 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.