Like Cadbury Caramilk? You'll love this caramelised white chocolate rocky road.
750g white chocolate
1 cup puffed rice
1½ cups white marshmallows, roughly chopped
¾ cup salted macadamia nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 cup honeycomb pieces, roughly chopped
1 tsp dried lavender (optional), to scatter
1. Grease and line a 25cm x 16cm cake tin with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. To make the caramelised white chocolate, preheat the oven to 120C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Melt 250g of the white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon until smooth (about two to three minutes).
4. Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking tray and spread out so it is a few millimetres thick (you don't need to be exact with this but it helps for even cooking).
5.Place the tray in the oven and roast, checking on the chocolate and giving it a stir every five minutes or so, until the white chocolate turns a golden caramel colour (between eight and 12 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
6. Scrape the caramelised chocolate into a bowl with the remaining rocky road ingredients and stir briefly to combine (if the caramelised chocolate has completely set, break it into chunks before placing in the bowl). Be careful not to overwork the mixture – chunks of the caramelised chocolate should remain visible.
7. Melt the remaining white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon until smooth (about two to three minutes). Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl and stir to combine. Turn out into the lined cake tin and sprinkle with the dried lavender (if using). Set aside for a few hours to set or place in the fridge to harden.
8. Turn out onto a clean surface and cut into chunks using a hot knife. Rocky road can be stored in an airtight container in the pantry or fridge for up to two weeks.
If you like this recipe, try my other remixed rocky roads.