A recipe from the Good Food collection.
500 g (1 lb 2 oz) butternut pumpkin
3 tablespoons olive oil
100 g (3½ oz) pancetta, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500 g (1 lb 2 oz) minced (ground) chicken
½ teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
150 g (5½ oz) goat's cheese
50 g (1¾ oz) ricotta cheese
375 g (13 oz) instant cannelloni tubes
100 g (3½ oz/1 cup) grated parmesan cheese
30 g (1 oz) butter
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 × 425 g (15 oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/ Gas 7). Brush the pumpkin with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and bake on a baking tray for 40 minutes, or until tender. Scrape out the flesh of the cooked pumpkin and mash with a fork. Set aside to cool.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to a heavybased frying pan and cook the pancetta over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
3. In the same pan heat the remaining oil. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chicken in small batches and brown, making sure the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Reduce the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
4. Combine the pumpkin with the pancetta and chicken. Mix in the garam marsala, parsley, goat's cheese and ricotta. Season. Fill a cannelloni tube with the chicken mixture. Repeat with the rest of the tubes and filling.
5. To make the tomato sauce, melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, then add the tomato and simmer over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the parsley and white wine, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
6. Arrange the cannelloni tubes over a little of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a 3 litre (12 cups) capacity ovenproof dish. Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the cannelloni and sprinkle with the parmesan. Bake for about 20–25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.