Tina Li from Tina's Noodle Kitchen in Melbourne's north shares her super, winter-busting soup recipe.
260g rice noodle
4 oyster mushrooms
3 pieces of black fungus
2 pieces of bok choy
2 tofu slices
½ a tomato
6 pork meatballs (see below)
4-5 pieces of beancurd skin
4 quail eggs, pickled and peeled
20g beanshoot sprouts
500g chicken stock
½ tsp ground black pepper
chopped spring onion, to serve
100g pork mince
1. Soak the rice noodles for 5 minutes in 90C hot water, and another 30 minutes in cold water. Then drain off the water.
2. Tear the oyster mushroom, black fungus, and bok choy into small pieces.
3. Slice the tofu and tomato.
4. Now, to prepare the pork meatballs; mix all ingredients together, and knead the mix into small round balls. Then cook them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
5. Place cooked pork meatballs, sliced tofu, tomato, black fungus, beancurd skin, bok choy, quail eggs, and beanshoot sprouts in a casserole dish.
6. Boil the rice noodle and all the ingredients with chicken stock in the casserole for five minutes on a high flame.
7. Serve with chopped spring onion on the top.