A recipe from the Good Food collection.
250 g plain chocolate biscuits, crushed
1 cup mixed fruit or sultanas
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
125 g butter
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons rum
125 g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Brush a deep 19 cm square cake tin with melted butter or oil. Line base and sides with aluminium foil; grease foil.
2. Combine biscuit crumbs, fruit and walnuts in large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. Combine butter and condensed milk in a small pan. Stir over low heat until butter has melted; remove from heat and whisk in egg, cinnamon and rum.
4. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
5. Press mixture evenly into prepared tin.
6. Place chocolate in glass bowl. Stir over barely simmering water until melted; remove from heat.
7. Spread chocolate evenly over slice using a palette knife. Mark into slices. Refrigerate, covered, until it is firm. Cut into slices to serve.