A recipe from the Good Food collection.
250 g (9 oz/12 / 3 cups) chopped dark chocolate
125 g (4½ oz/½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
185 g (6½ oz/1 cup) soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
185 g (6½ oz/1½ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
40 g (1½ oz/⅓ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place the chocolate in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, then set aside.
3. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl using electric beaters until pale and fluffy, then add the egg, beating until just combined. Sift in the flour and cocoa, add the chopped chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
4. Shape tablespoons of the dough into balls, place on the prepared trays well apart and flatten into 4.5 cm (1¾ inch) rounds. Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool on the trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
5. These cookies will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.