Serve cut in half, with paprika mayonnaise, mustard or relish.
6 x 60g eggs
150g chorizo sausage, skinned
350g good, coarse pork sausages, skinned
100g plain flour
2 tbsp milk
100g panko or fine breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. Place the eggs in a pot of hot water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4 minutes, then plunge into iced water to stop the cooking. Leave for 10 minutes, then gently peel.
2. Combine the meat in a food processor and whiz briefly until sticky, then roll into six balls. Place each ball between two sheets of plastic wrap and roll out finely into a round.
3. Remove the top sheet of plastic, place an egg in the centre and gently wrap with the meat until fully sealed, trimming as needed. Wrap in the plastic, twist the ends, and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Mix the flour with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat the egg and milk together in a separate bowl. Discard plastic and coat each egg gently in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Heat the oven to 200C, and heat a pan of oil to 180C for deep-frying. Fry the eggs two at a time for 2 minutes or until golden, then drain.
6. Bake for 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through, and serve.