1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour
1/2 cup plain white flour
50 g margarine
3 tablespoons water
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup light sour cream
2 cups mashed potato
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Sift flours into bowl and rub in margarine with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Mix in enough water to make a firm pastry (or mix flour and margarine in food processor, then add just enough water so that pastry clings together).
3. Roll pastry out and line a lightly greased 24 cm flan tin or pie plate. Trim edges. Prick pastry with a fork.
4. Bake pastry at 200°C for 7 minutes.
5. Place Filling ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
6. Spoon Filling into flan shell.
7. Bake at 200°C for 30–40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve* with salad of choice.