This Parisian bistro salad is a hearty affair featuring crispy pancetta, a sharp and mustardy dressing, and good chunk of cheese. Add croutons made from a baguette to make it go a little further.
350g green beans, trimmed
8 artichoke hearts, drained from their oil and halved
10 rashers pancetta
50g parmesan, shaved with a peeler
For the dressing
2 tbsp dijon mustard
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped chives, plus 1 tbsp extra to serve
1 tsp mild honey
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large salad bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
2. Bring a medium pan of salted water to the boil. Once boiling, add the beans and blanch for about 2 minutes. Drain and run through cold water to stop them cooking.
3. Toss the beans in the dressing while they're still warm. Add the artichokes.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Once hot, add the pancetta and fry until just crisp, about 1 or 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
5. Place the beans on a platter or in a serving bowl. Top with the rashers and shavings of parmesan. Scatter with the remaining chives.