Think of this layered eggplant bake as a low-carb lasagne of sorts.
150g 'nduja (spicy spreadable salami)
400g can cherry tomatoes
1½ cups firm fresh ricotta
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1½ cups grated mozzarella
16 slices marinated chargrilled eggplant
500g marinated capsicum, torn
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 small oregano sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan-forced (220C conventional). Mix the 'nduja and tomatoes together. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix the ricotta and lemon zest together. Set aside.
2. Lightly grease the base of a 25cm ovenproof frying pan or skillet. Place 4 slices of eggplant in the base. Top with half the capsicum, followed by half the 'nduja mixture. Repeat layering with 4 more slices of eggplant, remaining capsicum and 'nduja.
3. Arrange the remaining 8 slices of eggplant on top, then spread with the ricotta mixture. Scatter with mozzarella and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place on an oven tray and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
5. Toss oregano in oil, and scatter over the lasagne for the last minute of cooking, to crisp.