This zingy noodle dish ticks all the boxes for a speedy midweek meal. If you like your salmon saucy, make up a double portion of the dressing. Tip: Try this recipe with chicken. Just adjust the cooking time to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
125ml (½ cup) fish sauce
2 tbsp finely grated ginger
60ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
700g salmon fillet, skin removed, sliced 1.5cm thick
125ml (½ cup) lime juice
8 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
100g thin dry rice noodles
groundnut or vegetable oil for cooking
lime wedges, coriander and mint leaves, to serve
1. Place the green chillies, fish sauce, ginger and syrup in a bowl and mix to combine. Thread salmon onto skewers. Spoon ½ cup of the dressing over the skewers and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add the lime juice, cucumbers and spring onions to the remaining dressing and mix to combine.
3. Place the noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 3-4 minutes or until soft then drain.
4. Heat a large frypan over high heat. Drizzle the skewers with a little oil and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until caramelised and cooked to your liking.
5. To serve, divide noodles between serving bowls and top with the skewers, cucumber mixture, lime, coriander and mint.