These egg and ham bakes are fantastic for breakfast or lunch. Experiment with the filling by adding spinach or chilli jam.
6 tbsp vegetable oil
Leg ham, enough for a large slice to cover each muffin cup (or substitute bacon)
2 raw chorizo sausages
100g gruyere cheese, grated
salt and pepper
spring onions, to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Lightly coat a 12-muffin tin with vegetable oil, wiping each cup with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
3. Cut the chorizo into 1cm slices and cook over medium heat until cooked through; keep any oil or juice from the chorizo.
4. Cut squares out of baking paper and place in each muffin mould. Line each muffin cup with a slice of ham, edges hanging over the tops. You may need a couple of slices, depending on how big they are.
5. Place an even amount of chorizo in each cup and sprinkle over a little cheese.
6. Whisk the eggs, pour an even amount into each ham cup, season, then sprinkle more cheese over the top.
7. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes in the oven, until the eggs have cooked. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped spring onions.
TIPS: You can use bacon instead of ham for the baked egg cups. Once baked they can be chilled and eaten later cold.