This is sponsored content for Australian Avocados
Pasta is most often considered a winter treat, but the lightness of avocado can turn a typically-heavy meal into a summer-y delight.
From avocado and crisp prosciutto pasta and avocado risotto, to squashed potatoes with avocado salsa and sausage snakes on avocado-potato mash, carb-loaded meals can be given a fresh summer twist with a little help from Aussie avos.
15-minute creamy avocado pasta (Serves 2)
· 180g spaghetti
· 1 large Australian avocado
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, shredded
· 2 tbs olive oil
· Half a lemon, juiced
· 1-2 tbs of water
· Salt and pepper
· 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
· Parmesan, grated (for garnish, optional)
1. Cook pasta according to pack instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, process avocado, garlic, basil leaves, oil and lemon juice in a food processor. Add water to adjust thickness/consistency of sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. While hot, pour the sauce onto the pasta and toss to coat.
4. Serve topped with basil, tomatoes, grated parmesan and additional avocado if desired.
*Recipe by Fiona Vuong
Aussie avocados make everything better. Head to australianavocados.com.au for more recipe inspiration.