A recipe from the Good Food collection.
80g unsalted butter, softened
80g (⅓ cup) castor sugar
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
125g (1 cup) self-raising flour
40g (⅓ cup) custard powder
100g (⅓ cup) raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Sift the flour and custard powder into a bowl, then fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture to form a soft dough. Roll heaped teaspoons of the dough into balls and place on the baking trays.
4. Using the end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in each ball. Fill each hole with a little jam.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly on the baking trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. Jam drops will keep for up to 7 days, stored in a cool place in an airtight container, or can be frozen in an airtight container for 10–12 weeks.