A recipe from the Good Food collection.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
500 g (1 lb 2 oz) lamb leg steaks, trimmed and cut into 2 cm (¾ inch) chunks
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 carrot, cut into 1.5 cm (⅝ inch) chunks
1 zucchini (courgette), cut into 1.5 cm (⅝ inch) chunks
250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) tomato passata (puréed tomatoes)
250 g (9 oz/1 cup) plain yoghurt
75 g (2½ oz/½ cup) finely crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
2. Heat the olive oil in a 4 litre (140 fl oz/16 cup) flameproof roasting tin (measuring about 23 × 26 cm/9 × 10½ inches). Add the onion, celery and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Meanwhile, put the lamb in a food processor and pulse briefly until finely chopped. Add to the roasting tin, with the oregano. Increase the heat to medium–high and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the lamb changes colour. Stir in the carrot and zucchini, then season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Stir in the passata and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover, transfer to the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender and the sauce is thick.
5. For the topping, whisk the ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Carefully pour over the lamb mixture, spreading it to cover evenly. Bake, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until the topping is just set.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.