Try this tasty carrot dish with a spicy Middle Eastern main, such as a chicken tagine.
1 bunch of baby carrots, 3cm stalk left on
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and diced
½ tbsp ground cumin sea salt
juice of 1 lemon
freshly ground pepper
1. Wash the baby carrots well.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the carrots for a few minutes, until tender, refresh in ice water and drain.
3. In a large frying pan, heat extra virgin olive oil and fry the carrots for 30 seconds and then carefully add the parsley to the hot oil – it will spit a fair bit.
4. Add the tomato, cumin and some sea salt to the pan and toss with the parsley for 1-2 minutes over a low heat taking care not to burn the cumin.
5. Add the lemon juice, check the seasoning, scatter with extra parsley and finish with a grind of pepper.
6. Spoon the carrots onto a plate and serve.
Suggestion: Delicious served with Neil's chicken and olive tagine