Good Food sat down with the winners from My Kitchen Rules - Victorian dynamic sister duo, Tasia and Gracia Seger - to see what makes their regular home kitchen sizzle.
Surefire chicken dinner winner
We cook a lot of chicken. This is the dish we keep going back to. Funnily enough, we didn't cook it on the show!
- Marinate chicken in lemon and salt - for as long as you want really, but for a minimum of 15-30 minutes.
- Make a sambal paste with fresh chilli, garlic, tamarind paste, palm sugar, kaffir lime leaves and bust that down to a fine paste.
- Add sweet soy, lemon juice and some oil.
- Mix it all together.
- Grill the chicken until it's cooked, then take it out, slather the paste on, and pop it back under the grill for a few minutes.
- Serve with rice. It's delicious.
Our cheat meal
Tasia: I'm a huge fan of noodles, so I love those Indo Mie Mi Goreng packet fried noodles. They're like two minute noodles but so much better.
The secret recipe
Chop the chilli first, chuck it in the boiling water with the noodles, and then drain the water. Add a fried egg, or leftover fried chicken or whatever meat you have in the house, plus fresh fried shallots - I basically do this to make it look fresh! Then I add rice. It's pretty much carbs on carbs.
This is so tasty and it's 30 cents a packet.
What's always in our shopping trolley
- Rice - white usually, but brown or red when we think we're going to be healthy one day! But always rice, we can't live without it.
- Some sort of chocolate, we love chocolate.