You'll definitely want to add this refreshing dessert to your dinner party rotation. Our luxurious nectarine frangipane is made with a stone-fruit we all adore and tangy orange zest for some extra punch.
250g plain flour
125g salted butter (room temperature)
150g salted butter (room temperature)
200g brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla seeds or paste
zest from 1 orange
100ml orange juice
50ml Grand Marnier
½ tsp cinnamon
100g plain flour
225g almond meal
⅓ jar apricot jam
1. Place the plain flour into a large mixing bowl, dice the butter and add to the flour, use fingers to mix the flour and butter together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and mix until combined then flatten into a 2½cm-thick disc. Wrap and place into the fridge for at least half an hour.
2. Dice the butter and place in a mixing bowl with the brown sugar and vanilla then mix until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, letting the mixture come together before adding the next. When combined add the orange zest and juice along with the Grand Marnier then follow with the cinnamon, plain flour and almond meal. Continue to stir until combined.
3. Place the pastry between two sheets of baking paper and roll out until 3-4mm thick and place into a 24cm tart dish (preferably with a removable base). Trim the edges then use a fork to dock the pastry evenly around the base.
4. Cut the nectarines in half then twist to separate them. Remove the seed and cut each half into 6-8 wedges and set aside.
5. Heat the jam and water over a medium-high heat until it has all dissolved together. Brush the base of the tart until just covered then add the filling. Retain the remaining jam mix for later.
6. Place the nectarines on top of the filling then place the tart onto a universal tray (or regular baking tray) on level 1 of the oven. Select Circotherm Intensive at 180C (in a NEFF oven, and also 180C in a regular oven) and cook for 40 minutes. When cooked remove from the oven, then reheat the jam mix and brush over the top of the tart. Let cool for at least an hour before serving.