Keep things fresh and simple with ocean trout or salmon, seared in a pan then gently broken up and served with creamy mashed potato that's green with peas. Top with a fried egg and suddenly it's brunch-time.
1 kg all-purpose potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
4 fillets ocean trout or sustainable salmon
400g green peas
150ml light sour cream or buttermilk
2 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp butter
4 eggs, fried
1. Cook the potatoes in simmering salted water for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Season the fish and cook skin-side down for 4 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the centre still pink. Turn and cook briefly on the other side, then remove and keep warm.
3. Cook the peas in simmering salted water for one minute, then drain. Place two-thirds of the peas in a food processor with the sour cream, dill, parsley, sea salt and pepper and whiz until smooth.
4. Drain the potatoes well and return to the hot pan. Add butter, sea salt and pepper and mash well. Add the pea puree, beating well with a wooden spoon until smooth. Keep warm over gentle heat.
5. Gently break the salmon apart into lobes, and serve on warm plates with the green pea mash, fried eggs, remaining peas and extra dill.