This chilled noodle dish is a quick and delicious dinner, made even faster by using a bought roast chicken.
• 500g fresh hokkien noodles
• ½ roast chicken, meat and skin shredded
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
• 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• sesame seeds or crushed peanuts, to serve (optional)
• 3 tbsp peanut butter
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1½ tbsp Chinese black vinegar (or rice vinegar)
• 2 tsp sesame oil
For the noodle dressing, combine the ingredients with ¼ cup of water and mix to a thin paste.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to the packet directions. Drain well and immediately plunge into iced water, or rinse under running water until the noodles are completely cooled. Drain well.
Toss the noodles in the dressing, and place piles of the chicken, cucumber, carrot and spring onion on top.
Also try: Adam Liaw's Japanese tomato salad
Find more of Adam Liaw's recipes in the Good Food Favourite Recipes cookbook.