A recipe from the Good Food collection.
700g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
80ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
2 small red onions, halved and sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
100g (⅔ cup) crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1 large sheet of frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread the pumpkin and garlic cloves on a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender. Transfer the pumpkin to a large bowl and the garlic cloves to a plate. Leave to cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the vinegar and sugar and cook for a further 15 minutes, or until the onion is dark golden. Add to the pumpkin and leave to cool completely.
3. Add the feta and rosemary to the pumpkin mixture. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and mix them through the vegetables. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Cut the pastry sheet into a 35cm circle. Transfer the pastry onto a lined baking tray. Arrange the pumpkin mixture over the top, leaving a 4cm border. Fold over the pastry edges, gently pleating as you fold.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve hot or warm.