Sweet and savoury flavours join forces in a quick and convenient stir-fry.
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
400g pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
200g thin dried rice noodles
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 bunches broccolini, trimmed and blanched
1. Combine the garlic, sugar, soy, fish sauce and ⅓ cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced and sticky. Take off the heat, add the lime juice and season with pepper. Set aside to cool.
2. Add the pork to the cooled sauce and toss to combine. Marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Cook the rice noodles in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add the pork in two batches and cook, turning regularly, for 3 minutes or until caramelised and cooked through. Add the rice noodles and broccoli and toss to coat.
5. Divide between bowls and serve.
Tip Brown sugar or grated palm sugar would work well in place of the coconut sugar.