Sometimes you've just got to roll with it, and these easy, speedy meatballs baked in the oven make it a pleasure.
600g beef mince
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup firm ricotta
2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary, plus extra to serve
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
45g can anchovies, drained and chopped
400g pappardelle pasta
finely grated parmesan, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan-forced (220C conventional), and place a deep-sided roasting tray in the oven to preheat.
2. Mix together the mince, garlic, ricotta, rosemary, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and divide into 12 large meatballs.
3. Carefully remove the roasting tray from the oven. Drizzle with oil, add the meatballs and gently turn to coat in the oil. Add the tinned tomatoes, anchovies and 1/2 cup water to the pan.
4. Return to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and sauce is bubbling.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain. Serve meatballs with pasta, extra rosemary and parmesan.