This sweet spin on savoury Thai green papaya salads makes a refreshing dessert in warm weather.
• ½ red papaya, peeled and seeds removed
• 2 limes, juiced
• 1 tsp honey, plus extra to serve
• good pinch of salt
• 1 orange, peeled and segmented
• ½ cup strawberries, halved
• 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
• ½ cup loosely packed mint leaves, torn
• ¼ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
• 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
To shred the papaya, cut dozens of vertical parallel incisions into fruit and then, using a sharp knife to shave horizontally in the same plane as the cuts, shave the papaya into a thin juliennes. Alternatively, you could use a julienne peeler or other method.
Combine the lime juice and honey and stir to dissolve, then add a good pinch of salt. Toss the dressing together with the papaya, orange, strawberries, grapes and mint. Scatter with the walnuts, and serve with the yoghurt and extra honey to drizzle over the top.