A recipe from the Good Food collection.
1/2 small carrot
1/2 Lebanese (short) cucumber
60 g (2 1/4 oz) finely shredded red cabbage
2 spring onions (scallions)
1 small handful mint, torn
1 small handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
10 × 16 cm (8 × 6 inch) rice paper wrappers
sweet chilli sauce, or soy sauce, for dipping
1. Cut the carrot into 4 cm (1½ inch) lengths. Cut the cucumber into 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) lengths. Thinly slice the spring onions on the diagonal.
2. Put the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, spring onions, mint and coriander in a large bowl and toss.
3. Working with one wrapper at a time, dip into a bowl of hot water for 10 seconds, or until softened. Drain, then lay out on a flat surface.
4. Put 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture on one side of the wrapper, leaving a border at the sides.
5. Fold in the sides and roll up tightly. Cover with a damp cloth and repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers to make 10 rolls. Serve with sauce for dipping.