A recipe from the Good Food collection.
8 beetroot (beets)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons bottled creamed horseradish
100 g (3 1/2 oz/heaped 1/3 cup) sour cream
chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Scrub the beetroot. Wearing gloves, trim the ends, then peel and cut into quarters. Place on a large square sheet of foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and honey. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Drizzle the honey mixture over the beetroot, coating well. Loosely enclose the beetroot in the foil and bake for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Remove the beetroot from the oven and leave in the foil for 5 minutes.
4. In a small serving bowl, mix together the horseradish and sour cream. Season lightly.
5. Remove the beetroot from the foil and arrange on a serving platter. Scatter the parsley over the top and serve with the horseradish cream.