A recipe from the Good Food collection.
600g kipfler or new potatoes
4 parsnips, halved
6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 lemon, washed and cut into wedges
⅓ cup oregano sprigs
80ml (⅓ cup) extra virgin olive oil
4 x 250g chicken breast fillets, skin-on
steamed green beans, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Wash and dry the potatoes and cut into slices about 1.5cm thick. Place in a roasting pan with the parsnips, garlic, lemon and oregano. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes or until light golden and half cooked.
3. Meanwhile, after the vegetables have been cooking for about 15 minutes, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, skin side down, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the skin is a light golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Remove the roasting pan from the oven. Place the chicken, skin side up, on top of the potatoes and parsnips. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
5. Season the green beans, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and finish with a squeeze of lemon from the roasted lemon wedges. Arrange the chicken on a platter for guests to help themselves and serve with the green beans.