This is so so simple to make yet tastes like you are some kind of culinary unicorn. The umami of the tahini with the sweetness of the veg is a truly delightful pairing. The butter mixture makes a little more than you need but it is perfect over all manner of veg, in particular sweet potato, and for meat-eaters, it's amazing over chargrilled steak or roast chook.
½ tbsp olive oil
1 bunch broccolini (or the florets from 1 head broccoli)
½ large bunch caulini (or the florets from ½ head cauliflower)
3-4 cavolo nero leaves, stems removed if large leaves
4 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
100g butter, melted and cooled
1 tbsp soy sauce
1½ tbsp tahini
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced (200C conventional).
2. Add the broccolini and caulini to a roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and rub to coat. Roast for 10 minutes.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, combine the butter ingredients in a bowl.
4. Remove the tray from the oven and, working quickly, pour over about half the butter mixture and add the cavolo nero. Use tongs to turn the vegetables and coat them in the butter. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pour over any residual butter mixture from the roasting tray. Serve hot.