The dressing in this salad doubles as a smoky marinade for the chicken and corn as they roast in the oven.
4 corn cobs, quartered lengthways using a serrated knife or cut into 4cm rounds
6 jalapeno chillies, halved lengthways
4 small chicken breasts, trimmed and halved lengthways
1 avocado, peeled, seeded and quartered
lime wedges, to serve
Smoky paprika and coriander dressing
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup chopped coriander, plus extra leaves,to serve
1. Preheat oven to 240C (220C fan-forced).
2. To make the dressing, combine paprika, honey, lime juice and oil in a small bowl. Place half the mixture in a large bowl and set aside the remainder.
3. Combine corn, jalapeno and chicken with the dressing in the large bowl. Place mixture on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
4. Finely chop 4 of the cooked jalapenos halves. Add to the reserved dressing mixture with the chopped coriander and stir to combine.
5. To serve, divide the corn, remaining jalapeno halves and chicken between plates and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with avocado, extra coriander leaves and lime wedges.
Tip: Cut the corn on a clean tea towel so it doesn't slip and use a sawing action with a sharp serrated knife.