This dessert turns a few strawberries, jam and cream into something that looks as if it came straight out of a patisserie.
3 sheets puff pastry
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup good-quality strawberry jam
1 cup finely chopped strawberries
¼ cup icing sugar, to serve
1. Heat oven to 200°C.
2. With a round cookie cutter, cut 4 large circles from each sheet of puff pastry. Place circles on a baking tray, prick the circles with a fork and place another baking tray on top to stop the pastry rising too much. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, then allow to cool.
3. Whip the cream with the castor sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Spread all of the circles on one side with jam.
5. Pipe enough cream over the jam to completely cover eight of the circles and scatter over the chopped strawberries. Stack two on top of each other and then place the remaining circle jam-down on top to cap the millefeuilles. Repeat to create four stacks.
6. Dust liberally with icing sugar and serve.