The set cream dessert is so simple and it's wonderful with lots of different fruits. Just choose whatever looks good and is in season.
4 leaves gelatine (gold strength)
800ml pouring cream
60g caster sugar
1 tbsp each of rose water and orange-flower water
500g strawberries, quartered
3 tbsp caster sugar
1½ tbsp brandy or other spirit
1. Soak gelatine in cold water until soft, remove excess water.
2. Bring 600ml cream to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and add 60g sugar and gelatine. Whisk until gelatine is dissolved.
3. Add rose water and orange-flower water then pour through a sieve into a 1-litre serving dish. Chill for at least 4 hours.
4. About 30 minutes before serving, combine strawberries, 3 tbsp sugar and brandy, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
5. Spoon strawberries over set cream; drizzle with remaining pouring cream.