Strawberry and balsamic belong together. This has quite a soupy base, so be sure to strain the raspberries if using frozen fruit. The berry-sweetened balsamic goodness is also wonderful scooped over vanilla ice-cream.
150g butter, softened
1 cup plain flour
¼ cup raw castor sugar
¼ cup rolled oats
⅓ cup maple syrup
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1kg strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ tbsp honey
freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Combine the crumble mixture in a bowl until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the labna and honey and set aside.
4. In another bowl, add the filling ingredients and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes before transferring the fruit mix into a 30cm diameter round baking dish. Scatter with the crumble topping and bake for 30 minutes or until the topping has browned and the fruit has softened.
5. Top with spoonfuls of the sweetened labna, scatter with freeze-dried berries and serve.