This is sponsored content for Australian Avocados
While avocado has always been a crowd-pleaser (here's looking at you, guacamole and avo toast), the stuffed avocado trend is giving Australian avocado its merited time as a main meal ingredient.
For something any member of the family will be happy to devour for lunch or dinner, try our version here.
Stuffed avocados the whole family will love
· 2 Australian avocados
· 1/2 cucumber
· 1/2 red capsicum
· 1/4 red onion
· 1 garlic clove
· 1 tsp Dijon mustard
· 1 tbs mayonnaise
· Salt and pepper
· Lemon wedge
· Parsley leaves, chopped finely
1. Dice cucumber, capsicum and red onion; mince the garlic clove. Toss these ingredients in a bowl with Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
2. Slice each avocado in half, remove pit, and rub lemon over the flesh of the to stop the avocado from browning.
3. Top with stuffing mixture, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with parsley to finish.
If you're looking for more ways to make avo the star of your table, try these delicious tricks that will hero avocado in your main meals:
1. Breakfast: Avocado egg bake
Scoop out the flesh of a large avocado half to leave a 1/2-inch shell. Place a slice of ham and cracked egg on top of remaining flesh. Loosely cover with foil and bake in a pre-heated (to 200 degrees Celsius) oven for 15 minutes until egg white is set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve.
2. Lunch: Avocado-stuffed burgers
Take your burger patties to a new (green) level. Mash avocado with lemon juice and sea salt. Spread the avocado mixture on a pre-prepared beef patty, leaving room around the edges. Top with another patty and pinch the edges to seal the burger all the way around. Grill as desired.
3. Dinner: Charred corn and avocado pizza
Spread a pizza base evenly with sliced avocado and corn (grilled and then cut off the cob), and sprinkle with cheese and fresh, chopped coriander. Bake until cheese is melted. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice over the top.
*Hero recipe by Fiona Vuong
Aussie avocados make everything better. Head to australianavocados.com.au for more recipe inspiration