This uses only the silverbeet leaves, so save the stalks for tomorrow's dinner – chop into penne-like lengths, simmer for four minutes and toss with your favourite pasta sauce and cheese.
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
200g risoni or orzo
500ml vegetable stock
400g tinned tomatoes (I recommend Mutti brand)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
sea salt and cracked black pepper
150g feta, crumbled
2 tbsp dill, chopped
1 bunch silverbeet (leaves only)
6 walnuts, toasted
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the uncooked risoni for 2 minutes, tossing well, until tanned. Add the stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, honey, sea salt and pepper and simmer, stirring, for 15 minutes or until the risoni is tender. Remove from heat.
2. Add half the crumbled feta and dill, cover and leave for 5 minutes to soften the feta.
3. Wash the silverbeet well and roughly chop leaves. Pile into a saucepan with remaining olive oil, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat until the leaves start to wilt.
4. Give the risoni and feta a stir and spoon onto plates or pasta bowls.
5. Place the silverbeet on top, scatter with remaining crumbled feta, dill, walnuts and more cracked black pepper and serve.
Serve Jill's wine-roasted figs with sweet tahini yoghurt for dessert.