For this tomato salad, look for some good heirloom varieties to add different colours and shapes. Za'atar spices go particularly well with tomatoes and are also fantastic with roast lamb dishes.
1½ lebanese cucumbers, peeled
100ml rice wine vinegar
1 cup coarse cracked wheat
10 cloves black garlic
10 mixed heirloom tomatoes
100ml natural yoghurt
1 tbsp tahini
½ lemon, juiced
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
2 tbsp za'atar spice mix (Middle Eastern mix of sesame seeds, salt and herbs - usually oregano)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Slice the cucumbers into ½-centimetre-thick rounds, cover with vinegar and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Soak the cracked wheat in hot water for 15 minutes or until the wheat is soft.
3. Slice the black garlic and tomatoes into different-sized pieces, then mix the yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice. Smear the yoghurt over a serving plate, then arrange the tomato and garlic pieces on top.
4. Drain the cucumber and add to the salad, then sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, za'atar and a little sea salt.
5. Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil and serve.