This cake comes in at 60 cents a slice. This recipe can be changed to non-vegan by replacing non-dairy milk with dairy and Nuttelex with butter.
4 medium bananas, mashed until smooth
¼ cup rice bran oil or any vegetable oil
¼ cup soy milk or any milk
½ cup brown sugar
1½ tsp vanilla essence or extract
2 cups plain flour
1½ tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking soda
big pinch of salt
½ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
½ cup berries of your choice, frozen or fresh
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and flour a loaf tin (or feel free to make into muffins).
2. Place mashed bananas in a large bowl, add the oil, milk, brown sugar and vanilla then mix well to combine.
3. Sift in the flour, mixed spice, baking soda and salt and stir until combined.
4. Drop in the berries and chocolate chips and gently fold through the batter.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tin then tap to remove any bubbles.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanish, then turn out onto a cooling rack.