A recipe from the Good Food collection.
75 g (2 1/2 oz) dried rice vermicelli
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
200 g (7 oz) firm tofu, cut into 4 slices
1 packet of 15 cm (6 inch) square rice paper wrappers
1/2 small Lebanese (short) cucumber, cut into julienne strips
1/2 carrot, cut into julienne strips
a handful of mint leaves
50 g (1 3/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) roasted salted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
1. Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. Put the dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Set aside.
3. Heat the sesame and peanut oils in a large frying pan and cook the tofu over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Drain on paper towels, then cut each slice into four widthways.
4. Fill a bowl with warm water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the water for 15 seconds, or until it softens and becomes pliable.
5. Place the wrapper on a work surface. Put a narrow strip of noodles down the middle, then some tofu, cucumber, carrot, mint and cashews. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and roll it up tightly. Place on a plate, seam side down, and cover with a damp cloth.
6. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve with the dipping sauce.