Ginger, coriander and spring onion are a classic combination in Chinese cooking. Often served with fish, this simple family chicken dish is ready in minutes. If you don't have a wok, just use a large frypan.
4 chicken thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp peanut oil
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion
1/2 cup shredded coriander
steamed rice, to serve
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
* check sauces are gluten-free if required
1. Mix the chicken thighs with the marinade ingredients and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat and fry the chicken until well browned.
3. Add the salt, ginger and spring onion and toss together for a minute or two until the chicken is cooked through and the ginger and onion fragrant.
4. Turn off the heat and add the coriander to the wok. Toss through until just wilted and serve with steamed rice.