This one-pan asparagus dish is good for any time of day. And without the hassle of having to poach eggs, it's both simple and delicious.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Westacre shredded parmesan
- salt and black pepper, to season
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, add the oil and then the asparagus, frying in batches for about 3 minutes until blistered on the outside.
- Reduce the heat to low, return all the asparagus to the pan and make little openings to fit the eggs in between the asparagus. Crack in the eggs and scatter everything with the parmesan. Cover the pan and cook for about 3 minutes until the whites are just set. Season well with a little salt and plenty of black pepper, and drizzle over a little extra olive oil to serve.