A recipe that makes the most of the ingredients that grow best in Adam's garden - lemon and rosemary. So what makes the lamb naked? The lack of dressing before it goes into the oven.
- 4 brown onions
- 2kg lamb shoulder, bone-in
- salt and pepper, to season
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon, plus extra lemons to serve
- rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat your oven to 175C fan-forced (195C conventional). Peel and quarter the onions and place in the base of a lidded roasting tray. Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and place on top of the onions. Add the white wine to the base of the pan and cover with a lid.
- Roast the lamb covered for 3 hours, then turn up the heat as high as the oven will go and roast for a further 15-30 minutes until the juices at the base of the pan thicken and the lamb is well browned.
- Remove the lamb and rest. Combine the rosemary, vinegar, sugar and lemon juice and zest. Spoon in a little of the lamb juices to loosen the mixture. Serve with the lamb, rocket leaves and extra lemon.