These delicious prawns are perfect for entertaining, and have the wonderful aromas of native botanicals. Adding the prawn heads to the butter is an optional step, but it gives some extra prawn flavour.
- 10-12 large prawns, unpeeled (or more if smaller)
- 50g butter
- 1 bird's eye chilli, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- a pinch of sugar
- 4-5 blood limes, to serve
- few springs of coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- Peel the prawns leaving the tail intact, and insert a skewer in from the tail to straighten the prawn.
- Take a few of the prawn heads and fry them in the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove the heads when fragrant and add the chilli and garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the lemon myrtle powder, fish sauce, sugar and a pinch of salt and mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Grill the prawns on a grill pan, basting with the butter. Remove to a serving plate and serve with the blood limes and a few sprigs of coriander.
This recipe is brought to you by Dettol.