This is sponsored content for Lilydale
This very simple Thai stir-fry makes a great family meal, and you don't have to worry about having a perfect wok technique.
- 3 Lilydale chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 coriander plant, stalks and roots roughly chopped, leaves reserved
- 5 button mushrooms, quartered
- ½ brown onion, thickly sliced into wedges
- ½ small carrot, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 large red chilli, thickly sliced
- 2 thick spring onions, cut on the diagonal into 5cm lengths
- pinch of sugar
- dash of fish sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed into ¼ cup of cold water
- cooked rice, to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
- Coat the chicken in the oyster sauce, kecap manis, dark soy sauce and sesame oil and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and coriander (stalks and roots) and stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant, add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and carrot and toss for a minute or two until the vegetables are softened, then add the chilli and spring onion and toss together. Add the sugar and fish sauce. Add a little water if the mixture looks too dry, then thicken with as much of the cornflour mixture as is necessary to give the sauce a silky consistency.
- Serve with cooked rice and scatter with the coriander leaves, and serve with a wedge of lime.
For nearly 20 years, passionate Lilydale farmers have been perfecting free range farming based on one simple belief: chicken that's raised better, tastes better. Today, our commitment to quality and to the welfare of our chickens is what sets us apart.
We work hard to raise Australia's favourite free range chicken. But that kind of devotion makes all the difference.
From our farm to your plate. Where the finest ingredients transform into memorable dishes.
Lilydale. Dedication you can taste.