Whether it's on a cheese board or in a cake, strawberries in season go together perfectly with creamy cheese. Here, they're paired with a white chocolate and ricotta mousse in some simple, show-stopping parfaits.
- 200g Choceur white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 600ml thickened cream
- 375g Emporium Selection smooth ricotta
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 punnets strawberries
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds, to serve
- Melt the white chocolate together with a quarter of the cream (150ml) by microwaving it at 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted, stirring between intervals. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the remaining cream together with the sugar and vanilla paste until firm. Whisk the ricotta into the cooled white chocolate, then fold through the cream. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Dice half the strawberries and halve the remainder. Layer the cream and ricotta mixture with fresh strawberries and almonds in a glass. You can use a piping bag for this or just spoon it into the cups neatly. Top with extra strawberries and serve.