This is sponsored content for Lilydale
This tasty chicken dish will take you less than 30 minutes to get on the table – and it's sure to satiate your hungry brood.
- 1kg Lilydale chicken thigh fillets, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper, to season
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp canola or sunflower oil
- 25g butter
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500g dried penne
- 150g green beans, trimmed and cut to the same length as the penne
- 150ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp finely shredded parsley, to serve
- Combine the chicken with the flour, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Microwave the mushrooms for 4 minutes.
- Heat a very large lidded frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. Fry the chicken until lightly browned, then add half the butter and fry the onions for about 3 minutes until softened. Add the mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the wine, tomato paste and mustard, and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until just al dente, adding the beans for the last minute or 2 of cooking time. Drain and toss through the remaining butter.
- Remove the chicken pan from the heat and stir through the sour cream; taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with the pasta and beans, sprinkled with parsley.
For nearly 20 years, passionate Lilydale farmers have been perfecting free range farming based on one simple belief: chicken that's raised better, tastes better. Today, our commitment to quality and to the welfare of our chickens is what sets us apart.
We work hard to raise Australia's favourite free range chicken. But that kind of devotion makes all the difference.
From our farm to your plate. Where the finest ingredients transform into memorable dishes.
Lilydale. Dedication you can taste.