Make sure you don't crush the spices too much – part of the goodness of this summery salad is the crunch of pink peppercorns.
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 x 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved (sweet solanto or medley for colour)
- 1 cup Persian-style feta, the creamier the better
- ½–¾ cup mint leaves
- 150g prosciutto, at room temperature
- ¾ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped (I used smoked almonds)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼–½ cup fruity olive oil
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- zest of 1 lemon
- Arrange the watermelon and tomatoes on a large serving platter. Crumble over the feta and scatter with mint leaves. Season with salt. Coarsely tear the prosciutto and place the pieces over the watermelon.
- Dry fry the cumin and coriander seeds until fragrant. Crush to a coarse texture in a mortar and pestle and add to a small bowl with the olive oil.
- Lightly crush the pink peppercorns and add to the dressing. Finely grate over the lemon zest and mix together.
- Scatter the toasted almonds over the salad, drizzle with pink peppercorn dressing and serve.
Serves 4-6 as a side