- 375g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 185g (1 1/2 cups) pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 500g rice flour, plus extra for coating
- The icing
- 150g butter or dairy-free margarine, chopped and softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 250g (2 cups) pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and honey in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and fluffy. Add the rice flour and mix well.
Using lightly floured hands, roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place on the prepared tray. Gently flatten each ball with a fork dipped in some extra rice flour. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just golden. Remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool.
To make the icing, beat the butter and milk until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar gradually until well combined, then add the passionfruit pulp and combine well. When the biscuits are completely cooled, sandwich two ‘moments’ together with the passionfruit icing.
These bikkies can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Indulge by Rowie Dillon, Harper Collins, $40
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Dinner Party